Our aim is to be the innovative business partner for our customers by making sustainability part of every aspect of business, delivering value for everyone. Our full lifecycle approach means we work relentlessly in our operations, across our supply chain and through our customer offerings to drive more sustainable, resilient business.
We build circularity
More than 90% circular
We will drive the shift to more circular business models and use of resources, finding ways to close loops and generate new revenue streams from the processes and materials we use.
- Material and resource efficiency improvement part of all development projects
- Develop business models for recycling/circularity for our customers
- Our products including packaging material shall have at least 90% material circularity
- Halve waste in our production processes
- Require 90% circularity for key suppliers
WE SHIFT CLIMATE
Halve the CO2 impact
We will deliver on our commitments to reduce impact on the climate. We are aiming to shift mindsets and outcomes in our own business, for our customers and with our suppliers to help reach our targets.
- CO2 improvement part of all product development projects
- Value proposition to our customers shall always include verified CO2 reduction potential
- Halve the CO2 foot print from our own production
- Halve the CO2 foot print for transportation of people and products
- Require halving of CO2 foot print from our key suppliers
WE CHAMPION PEOPLE
Zero harm to people
We aspire to the highest standards for people and we will keep stepping these standards up higher and higher. Our goal is Zero Harm.
- Health & Safety improvements part of all product development projects
- Health & Safety/risk analyses with all products and services
- Halve Total Recorded Injury Frequency Rate (TRIFR) and occupational illnesses
- All Sandvik employees to be offered health and well-being programs
- Require health & safety improvements plan to reach Sandvik standards from key suppliers
WE PLAY FAIR
Always do the right thing
We will constantly aim higher in ethics and transparency, being a leader in playing fair and being open.
- Know Your Customer (KYC) process leading to active, sustainable choices
- Increased transparency on sustainability targets and results
- Proactive and agile Compliance system fully embedded in business operations
- Diverse and inclusive workforce with at least one third female managers
- Everyone engaged in community involvement with a significant positive impact on society
- All suppliers compliant with Sandvik Supplier Code of Conduct
OUR ENABLERS: How we’ll drive the change
Integrated within performance management systems and part of the incentive programme for top managers
Create sustainability idea program with 100,000 sustainability ideas or innovations proposed by 2030
Well functioning and efficient governance, through The Sandvik Way and the Sandvik Code of Conduct
The shift champions
Sustainable business partner award implemented (like Wilhelm Haglund Medal)
We will drive change through transparency of our progress, learnings and ways of working